Sunday, February 22, 2015

Old photographs


You know what I like about old pictures is that, after some time, they all become beautiful, and so do we in these pictures. Once the embarrassing image of crooked teeth, inconvenient sunshine in the eyes, emotional wrinkles, my duckling mouth, wild hair, "Oh, goodness, I look too fat", "Get some sleep, girl"...all these voices that echoed in the past when we looked at our fresh photographs...they dissipate in time. They all seem to come into place after a while. They become dear, they become beautiful.

We become more lenient towards our old selves as we become older. 

Love what you've got today...flesh and blood, we can always love our pictures later.

Below a couple of pictures of me that I did not like at the time...
















2 comments:

  1. perfect adevarata remarca..... o fi regretul ca nu putem da timpul inapoi motivul pentru care iubim ce am fost candva?...

    ReplyDelete