Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A dream coming true

I have bought hundreds of airplane tickets throughout my life. Never before (at least not to my recollection) did my hand tremble with so much happiness. I had  a dream since I was a child. The only dream that remained hanging in my heart unfulfilled. I fueled it with music and songs, and movies and above all my childlike imagination…



Years earlier, I couldn't afford this dream…it was too far away and too expensive for a child. I waited for 29 years for it to come true. I think I could have waited a bit less, but there was a voice in me, still lingering now sometimes, that whispered…”Don’t do it…If you make this dream come true, you will have no more dreams. What will you dream about? You can keep it vivid in your mind, you can play and replay your dream in your heart….it is beautiful there, it is just perfect because you can imagine whatever you want. Reality could be different, you know?” 

And I waited…I thought aimlessly, but actually I waited for my heart to find another dream…so that I don’t feel empty and dreamless. I waited for another 5 years…which adds up to 29. Today I have another dream…I cannot compare them, you cannot compare the dream of a child to a dream of a grown up woman…but they are both wonderful and they both would make me happy. So, whilst I’m waiting for the right time for my second dream…I can enjoy my childhood imagination go live!


No comments:

Post a Comment