Sunday, October 13, 2013

Good Will Hunting

Sean's Office

                        WILL
           < You know, I was on this plane once. And I'm sitting
           there and uh...the captain gets on, he does his whole,
           you know, we'll be cruisin' at 35,000 feet. But then he
           puts the mic down n forgets to turn it off.

                        SEAN
           mm-hmm.

                        WILL
           And so he turns to the co-pilot n he's like, "you know,
           all I could use right now is a fuckin' blow job and a cup
           of coffee." So the stewardess fuckin' goes bombin' up
           from the back of the plane to tell him that the
           microphone's still on. N this guy in the back of the plane
           is like, "Hey, hon, don't forget the coffee!" >

                        SEAN
           You ever been on a plane?

                        WILL
           No, but it's a fuckin' joke. It works better if I tell it in
           the first person.

                        SEAN
           Yeah, it does.

                        WILL
           I have been laid, you know.

                        SEAN
           Really? Good for you.

                        WILL
           Big time.

                        SEAN
           Big time, huh?

                        WILL
           <<< I went on a date last week.

                        SEAN
           How'd it go?

                        WILL
           It was good.

                        SEAN
           Goin' out again?

                        WILL
           I dunno.

                        SEAN
           Why not?

                        WILL
           Haven't called her.

                        SEAN
           Christ, you're an amateur.

                        WILL
           I know what I'm doin'.

                        SEAN
           Yeah.

                        WILL
           < Yeah. Don't worry about me, I know what I'm doin'.
           Yeah, but this girl is like, you know, beautiful. She's
           smart. She's funny. She's different from most of the
           girls I've been with.

                        SEAN
           So, call her up, Romeo.

                        WILL
           Why? So I can realize she's not that smart, that she's
           fuckin' boring? Y'know--I mean...this girl is like
           fuckin' perfect right now, I don't wanna r--ruin that.

                        SEAN
           Maybe you're perfect right now. Maybe you don't
           wanna ruin that. I think that's a super philosophy, Will,
           that way you can go through your entire life without
           ever having to really know anybody....My wife used to
           fart when she was nervous. She had all sorts of
           wonderful idiosyncrasies. You know what? She used to
           fart in her sleep. Sorry I shared that with you. One
           night it was so loud it woke the dog up. She woke up
           and gone like "oh was that you?" 'd say yeah...I didn't
           have the heart to tell her...Oh God...

                        WILL
           She woke herself up?

                        SEAN
           Ye e e e sss....> Oh Christ....aahhh, but, Will, she's been
           dead two years and that's the shit I remember.
           Wonderful stuff, you know, little things like that. Ah,
           but, those are the things I miss the most. The little
           idiosyncrasies that only I knew about. That's what made
           her my wife. Oh and she had the goods on me, too, she
           knew all my little peccadillos. < People call these things
           imperfections, but they're not, aw that's the good stuff. >
           And then we get to choose who we let in to our weird
           little worlds. < You're not perfect, sport. And let me
           save you the suspense. This girl you met, she isn't
           perfect either. But the question is: whether or not you're
           perfect for each other. > That's the whole deal. That's
           what intimacy is all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment