Sunday, September 29, 2013

the words of the week

I think I need to start keeping track of the new words I learn during the week. So let me try and do it on a weekly basis. And shame on me if I did not learn a single word during that week.


Ludicrouscausing laughter because of absurdity; provoking or deserving derision; ridiculous; laughable: a ludicrouslack of efficiency.
Spurious - not genuine, authentic, or true.
Clunkyawkwardly heavy or clumsy: clunky metal jewelry; clunky shoes.
To stammer - to speak with involuntary breaks or pauses, or with spasmodic repetitions of syllables or sounds.
Tongue- in-cheekis a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement or other production is humorously or otherwise not seriously intended, and it should not be taken at face value.
To wince -  to draw back or tense the body, as from pain or from a blow; start; flinch.


No comments:

Post a Comment